Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Communicating with Businesses

In my general communications with businesses I have noticed that they are more responsive to the consumers needs than they used to be. In most of my interactions with companies lately they are bending over backwards to make me happy. An example of this is when I ordered a pair of biking short on Amazon.com. The post office said that the shorts were delivered on a certain date but I never received them. In the past a company might have said “the item was delivered so it is no longer our problem”, but Amazon just replace the shorts for me.

This kind of heightened customer service seems to be the norm these days. Maybe this has to do with all the ways the consumer can rate and get out their message about a company and how easy it is for other customers to read those comments.

I have not written reviews of companies myself but I use reviews all the time to decide where I want to eat (yelp.com) or what I want to buy (amazon.com). All the reviews on social media are making companies accountable, committed to excellence or out of business.

2 comments:

  1. You're right about businesses being more responsive to their customers/clients.... it has become a customer-driven atmosphere in the business world today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree with you that more and more businesses are realizing how quickly negative comments about their business operations/customer service will impact future customers. More and more people check YELP or other reviews before making a purchase.

    ReplyDelete